Wednesday 15 June 2016

Charles Dickens - The Greatest Novelist of the Victorian Era


The creator of most amazing fictional characters in the Victorian period and the greatest novelist, Charles John Hoffam Dickens was born in 1812 and died in 1870, he lived a wonderful life of 58 years as a social critic and English famous writer and later becomes a favorite author to the literature readers even in the modern era and  especially for youngsters. He wrote fifteen novels and few short stories, he concern more about the low class society and the indifference among the people widely in his works. In his personal life he suffered a lot due to poverty. His works and the characters he created live as long as the world exist. 



Notable Works of Dickens

Charles Dickens
  • Oliver Twist
  • A Christmas Carol
  • David Copperfield
  • Hard Times
  • A Tale of Two Cities
  • Great Expectations

David Copperfield is a semi-autobiography of Dickens, he is influenced by the hard experiences he overcome in his personal life. Both Oliver Twist and A Christmas Carol speaks lot but the sufferings of low classes and the poverty. A Tale of Two Cities is an all time favorite for many people, it concern more about the French Revolution in both positive and negative aspects. The characters of the novel has a unique quality and creates a deep feeling on the reader's mind.  


Most Famous Quotes:


"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts."

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another."

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known."

"A loving heart is the truest wisdom."

"The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again."

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."

"To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart."

"We need never be ashamed of our tears."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Poetic Forms in English

Poetry is the most lovable part of any literature, one cannot cross the literature canel without tasting the sweetest thing called poetry....